To create knowledge and restore man’s dignity through a Human Development concept of the Total Man, employing innovative, leading edge, teaching and learning methods that would assist our Industrial Physics graduates to be very relevant in the production process in any of the sub-fields: Applied Geophysics, Electronics and IT applications and Renewable Energy. To produce job creators and some for postgraduate research in these sub-fields and their allied disciplines.
The specific objectives of the programme are to:
- give the students an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience in the study of physics;
- provide the students with a broad and balanced foundation in Physics;
- develop in the students the ability to apply their knowledge of Physics and skills to the solution of theoretical and practical problems;
- provide exposure to a menu of industrial applications that is of national interest;
- prepare the students for post-graduate studies in Physics/Applied Physics or other Physics-related, multi-disciplinary areas; and
- inculcate in the students the knowledge and skills needed for self-employment.